December 14, 2009

Falalalala...lalalala


What a fun time we've been having this month preparing for Christmas!  Something about the knowledge that Dylan could be here at any moment, increases the urgency to do all of the special "Christmasy" activities with Carson and Parker as possible.  We have been so blessed in the past few weeks to share with the boys the traditions of the season that Jeff and I feel are most important to our family.  As we talk about the birth of our Savior with them, it's obvious that they are really starting to "get it" (okay, well Carson does!)  We've continued on with the tradition of the Advent Calendar again this year with each day bringing something fun to look forward to.  So far, we've baked, created art projects together, gone to Disneyland, attended tree lighting ceremonies, had breakfast with Santa, toured Christmas lights in our jammies with hot chocolate, played in the snow, watched Christmas movies at home as well as at the movie theaters, went to a Christmas concert and toured the lights at the beautiful Mission Inn in downtown Riverside!  Whew...I wasn't kidding when I said we've been trying to squeeze it all in!!  =)   The magic of Christmas and the celebration of Jesus' birth is alive and well in our hearts and our home.  We hope you are experiencing special moments together with your friends and family during these weeks as well!  Merry early Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. Ok so that blinking-eye-smile on Parker still makes me laugh out loud...Oh and I am glad you have them in matching outfits I was beginning to wonder if I was the only mom left that does that :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you kidding?? Dressing them is always my favorite, even though I think sometimes Jeff wants to kill me for doing it! Dylan even has an outfit too...if he'd just get here! (Maybe he doesn't want to be matching and that's what's causing his delay!) Someday I won't be able to do this so better get it in while I can!

    ReplyDelete